솔지에로펜션(소나무숲길로)

who won the terence crawford fight

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Rozella
댓글 0건 조회 3회 작성일 24-09-23 20:34

본문

Over the past half-decade, Spence and Crawford have established themselves as the top performers in a talented division. From a competitive standpoint, matching them up against one another seemed natural. But boxing is also a business, and promotional contracts helped keep Spence and Crawford apart until Saturday.

After the fight, the IBF ordered Crawford to face its interim champion, Jaron Ennis. Because Spence exercised his rematch clause with Crawford, the IBF stripped Crawford of the title and made Ennis the full champion on November 9, 2023.

The Crawford-Porter fight card broadcast will begin at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN+ PPV. The PPV card includes 4 fights, with an IBF middleweight eliminator between Esquiva Falcao and Patrice Volny as the co-main event. The prelim card will air live on ESPN2 and ESPN+ starting at 7 p.m. ET, and the early prelims on @ESPN at 6 p.m. ET.

Crawford fought Alejandro Sanabria on June 15, 2013. Held at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, the fight served as an eliminator for the WBO lightweight title and was also for the vacant WBO-NABO lightweight title. In the sixth round Crawford knocked Sanabria to the ground. Though Sanabria was able to return to his feet within the count, the fight was waved off by referee Laurence Cole, giving Crawford a technical knockout (TKO) victory.

"It means everything because of who I took the belts from," said Crawford. "They talked bad about me. They said I wasn’t good enough and I couldn’t beat these welterweights. I just kept my head to the sky and kept praying to God that I would get the opportunity to show the world how great Terence Crawford is. Tonight, I believe I showed how great I am."

The three-weight division champion was already No. 1 in Bleacher Report's latest pound-for-pound rankings. A win over Spence, who was ranked No. 6, is just the latest piece of evidence that Crawford is the best boxer in the world right now.

Round 2: Donaire tracking the younger Santiago, but having difficulty getting past that jab. Counter left from Donaire connects. He advances with a combination. Good head movement from Donaire as he lands to the body. Santiago scores with a jab after a tight exchange. Glancing right by Donaire. Counter left by Donaire up top. Santiago throwing heavy hooks, he connects with a stiff one to the body.

Crawford’s debut was a 26-second stoppage in March 2008 over Brian Cummings, who entered the ring at 2-0 (2 KOs). He ended that year with a second-round TKO of Michael Williams in November, rising to 5-0 (3 KOs).

Mere days after the fight, the IBF ordered a fight between Crawford and their mandatory challenger, Sergey Lipinets. Lipinets was named Indongo's mandatory challenger in December 2016, but Indongo was given an exemption to allow the unification fight with Crawford to happen. Lipinets stated that the IBF title was "stolen from him". As Crawford didn't plan to return to the ring before the IBF's deadline, he vacated the IBF title just 11 days after defeating Indongo. The IBF ordered Lipinets to face Akihiro Kondo for their vacant title.

Round 4: Crawford is still looking for moments to counter the aggressive Porter. But in the meantime, Crawford is landing some big punches. terrance crawford fight card hit Porter with a clean straight right out of the southpaw stance and got Porter trapped in the corner. 10-9, Crawford, 38-38.

As Mike Tyson strolled onstage, before a scuffle broke out between two boxers in a nearby hallway, everyone joined in a collective hush. The fighter's facial expressions said more than anything they had said for months. They were serious, intense, funeral-adjacent or super-fight ready. You could almost feel the energy emanating from those expressions. It came across, more or less, like it’s … about … to go … down.

8/3 DAZN- Crawford W 12 Madrimov. Bud wins his 4th title in 4th weight class with a hard fought win over Madrimov, whose herky-jerky style blunted Bud's offense, but Madrimov managed 23 punches thrown per round, 7 landed. Bud landed 8 of 36 per round. pic.twitter.com/tv47EsUla2

In front of 13,323 in attendance, the largest crowd he had drawn to date, Crawford came on strong in the final round to score a twelfth-round KO win to retain his WBO welterweight title. The fight was halted at 2 minutes and 42 seconds. Crawford used an in-and-out style of fighting to land his shots and then got away before Benavidez could hit him. Towards the end of round twelve, Crawford knocked down Benavidez, who fought with an injured knee, with a left-right combination, the final punch being a right uppercut. After Benavidez got back to his feet, Crawford landed a flurry of punches until referee Celestino Ruiz stepped in. Crawford landed head and body combinations earlier in the fight which forced Benavidez to take a step back. Crawford credited the body shots, saying, "That takes something out of you every time. That's what slowed him down. You could tell every time he was shaking his head. I knew it would take its toll in the later rounds." At the time of stoppage, Crawford was ahead 110–99, 108–101 and 107–102 on all three judges' scorecards. According to CompuBox, Crawford landed 186 of 579 punches thrown (32%) and Benavidez landed 92 of his 501 thrown (18%). Benavidez landed 8 punches per round. CompuBox Historical showed that Crawford's previous 10 opponents landed only 7 per round. Crawford earned $3.625 million, his career-highest, compared to Benavidez's $500,000 purse. The near two-hour telecast averaged 2,245,000 viewers on ESPN.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.